Saturday 7 May 2016

Tanya Burr Lipgloss Review


As you all may know, YouTube has become an incredibly massive thing. It's taken over the world! Okay, maybe not that far but it certainly has a large following, let's be real here.

Recently, YouTube as been increasing in popularity, more and more. This has lead to more demands, which has then lead to a lot of Youtubers writing their own book, customising a clothing line and even create their own beauty line.
Today we are going to focus on one particular Youtuber's beauty line, the lipgloss in particular. 
Tanya Burr Cosmetics.

I'm going to first tell you all that I love Tanya, I think she's so lovely and deserves every inch of success that she has got. So please don't think of this blog post as hate, because it's not. It's simply me sharing my opinion on something to help all of you. Okay, on with the review!

I had been searching for one specific Tanya Burr lipgloss for around six months, and after a lot of careful scouring in multiple different superdrugs, finally on a trip to Birmingham I found 'Afternoon Tea' and bought it for a very affordable price of £6.99. After searching for this lip gloss for a ridiculous amount of time, you can imagine how high my expectations were.


I will start off by saying that the packaging on this product is truly stunning! Not only is it beautiful but it is incredibly practical. It is a compact size (7.5ml) super easy to fit into a little makeup bag for school.
It closes tightly, so there is no possibility of leakage. 
The gold lid adds a little bit of class and sophistication to the product.

However, it's no good buying a product that looks pretty and is a useful size. So, let's get down to the nitty gritty details, shall we?

The applicator is amazing quality. It's very soft and bendy making it so easy to apply the lipgloss comfortably.



Although, the quality of the lip gloss is not the best (can I just say this is hard for me to write as I really love Tanya) it is a little sticky and we all know that a sticky lip gloss on a windy day, well it's an absolute nightmare!

The actual lipgloss is very, very thick, so much so, that it feels like one of those cheap lip glosses you get in those magazines for younger girls. The only way I can describe it is by saying that it almost feels rubbery once it is on. I haven't been able to wear this lipgloss for a whole day without wiping it off half way through because it has felt so unbearable.

However, the smell and taste of the lipgloss is rather lovely. It taste like a collection of summery fruits, yummy!

So, would I buy another lipgloss? My honest answer, no, which is upsetting as I spent so long searching for this gloss. I just can't stand that sticky, thick feeling! It feels like an extra layer of lip and I have all the lips I need, thank you! Haha!
I don't think I could bring myself to wear this over my other lip glosses no matter how pretty the colour is! I will stick with my Laura Mercier lip glosses for now! Sorry Tan!

Rating : 2/5

I hope this blog post was useful to you! I know it is very long, sorry! If you have any other products you would like me to review then just let me know, my details are all on the contact page. 
That's it for this post!

Toodlepip!
xoxo





No comments:

Post a Comment